English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 04 February 2016, 12:09   #1
Combofate

"NOS" A600 randomly soft reset (could be 10sec or 10min)

Hello guys!

i'm asking for some advice please i m a bit confused.
i just bought a "NEW" Amiga600HD never use nerver open in BOX.
a guys that bought an house in south france find this never open amiga box in an hidden room and sell it to me.

So i power "ON" the unit for the first time since 20 years and at first i got some weird color in KS startup screen but they disapeared at second power on and never come back.

Miggie works perfectly (sound, picture, floppy, cf card, a604, aca620 ect...) i put stuff from my old A600

But my prob is that the "NEW" A600 randomly reset all the time this could be 10 sec or 10min or 2 min. motherboard alone do the shitty reset think with nothing plugin (ram accelerator keyboard) so i pretty sure it's my motherboard fautly... i just inspected capacitor (specially near reset capslock stuff NE555 reset timer circuit)but nothing seems to be wrong.

do you guys have an idea how could i start to look to fix my new babe !
thanks!

ps:i try with 2 a600 PSU and 1 a500 PSU all psu i know works perfectly so it's not PSU fault.
Old 04 February 2016, 12:23   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Probably some cold soldering, unfortunatelly it can be anywhere and can be microscopic. A600 mobos in general are not of high quiality.
Old 04 February 2016, 13:10   #3
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combofate View Post
Hello guys!

i'm asking for some advice please i m a bit confused.
i just bought a "NEW" Amiga600HD never use nerver open in BOX.
a guys that bought an house in south france find this never open amiga box in an hidden room and sell it to me.

So i power "ON" the unit for the first time since 20 years and at first i got some weird color in KS startup screen but they disapeared at second power on and never come back.

Miggie works perfectly (sound, picture, floppy, cf card, a604, aca620 ect...) i put stuff from my old A600

But my prob is that the "NEW" A600 randomly reset all the time this could be 10 sec or 10min or 2 min. motherboard alone do the shitty reset think with nothing plugin (ram accelerator keyboard) so i pretty sure it's my motherboard fautly... i just inspected capacitor (specially near reset capslock stuff NE555 reset timer circuit)but nothing seems to be wrong.

do you guys have an idea how could i start to look to fix my new babe !
thanks!

ps:i try with 2 a600 PSU and 1 a500 PSU all psu i know works perfectly so it's not PSU fault.
First thing when you get a NOS hardware, the capacitors must be changed, this because the computer itself is more than 20 years old.

Then, the capacitors can leak, and the leak being invisible if the capacitor is not disoldered. The exterior aspect of the capacitors is not always showing their real status (faulty or not).
Old 04 February 2016, 23:29   #4
Combofate

i replace 2 capacitor near reset circiut, wich one of them indeed leaking and clean the area and my amiga works perfectly now thanks you for advice

but i probably need to replace all of them soon, but i don't want to do it by my self as i already damage my previous a600 trying to fully recap.

i know amigakit provide this "service" for around 50$.