English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 30 November 2013, 16:59   #1
dex
Eat Electric Death

Dragonstone (Mark Jones, Core Design) Sprites

Has anyone managed to rip the sprites from Dragonstone or knows what format they are stored in? Are they compressed? They're not on Walen.se. Hmm, actually the game is not quite as bad as magazine would have people believe back in the nineties...
Old 30 November 2013, 22:27   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Maptapper can rip them easily enough, they're 32x32 for the main player (I assume that is the main player anyway, I have never played the game). Everything seems to be 5 bitplanes in ACBM mode.

Most other objects are stored in varying width/heights all over the place, so ripping them is more of a pain. Here's a few images, some might be missing or not in order etc but you get the idea...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragonstone_Player.png
Views:	637
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	38039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragonstone_Random.png
Views:	603
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	38040  
Old 30 November 2013, 22:28   #3
dex
Eat Electric Death

What, this is... you are... that's just great, thanks! I love this board, I just do.

This is the main player, female version that is I guess Mark Jones would be interested in this, he was looking for those sprites a while back on these very forums.
Old 30 November 2013, 23:44   #4
Codetapper

Here's the male character...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragonstone_Player_Man.png
Views:	740
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	38041  
Old 01 December 2013, 15:20   #5
dex
Eat Electric Death

Hehe yes very nice, I successfully used your tool and got the male char myself! Maptapper is just brilliant!

One question though, the male player was aligned just as in your png, with something garbled before and after. But how did you rip the creatures in your other png? I found one of them, that ork, but only two animation frames. But the brown guy? How did you get him?
Old 01 December 2013, 20:23   #6
Codetapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Hehe yes very nice, I successfully used your tool and got the male char myself! Maptapper is just brilliant!

One question though, the male player was aligned just as in your png, with something garbled before and after. But how did you rip the creatures in your other png? I found one of them, that ork, but only two animation frames. But the brown guy? How did you get him?
I have a "not quite bug-free enough to release" beta version that allows you to line up a frame of graphics, hit the "p" key and save it to a new sprite sheet tab and it automatically moves the graphics along to the next frame. You then just alter the height until the next frame is also correct, hit the key and repeat for all the frames. You can rip all the turrican 2 sprites in about 1 minute using this.

I will try and get this version out soon but I'm busy with other stuff at the moment!
Old 01 December 2013, 23:21   #7
dex
Eat Electric Death

Very nice, looking forward to it Don't worry, I am not in any hurry at all.
Old 30 July 2015, 05:07   #8
mjonesgraphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
What, this is... you are... that's just great, thanks! I love this board, I just do.

This is the main player, female version that is I guess Mark Jones would be interested in this, he was looking for those sprites a while back on these very forums.
He still is!
(And Darkmere too)

Mark
www.mjonesgraphics.com

Old 30 July 2015, 06:18   #9
Gzegzolka

I do not understood why someone could mark this game as bad. Sure it's hard on later levels, monsters can hit You hard and fast reduce amount of player energy, and items that can heal You are very rare drop. But aren't most of old games hard too? I wish that cd32 version be improved and enhanced somehow, but still game is complete on it's own.
In my humble opinion game is similar to Zelda, but with more dark-fantasy theme and with episodic structure rather than one open world. Also solving puzzles is bit Dizzy like.