Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 April 2023, 15:52   #1
PatmanQC

The history of Karnov arcade console documentary

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 April 2023, 17:50   #2
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Karnov is one of those games in full possibility of the OCS/ECS that has not been ported to 16 bit
Old 26 April 2023, 18:09   #3
CFou!

Great i love this game
Old 26 April 2023, 21:46   #4
Photon

A love letter to a not mainstream game. Appreciated.

I guess I'm mainstream because I associate Data East first with arcade titles such as Karate Champ and Kung Fu Master.

But I did notice the Spectrum port back in my 8-bit day, and in my arcade PCB collecting days in the 90s I looked twice at Atomic Runner, although I never found a PCB of it to buy.

NES port looks responsive and maybe easier? But I never owned a console in the console era. The vast majority of games/ports seemed simple/old/done, no depth or immersion. Now, simple games can be fun as opposite to too involved games requiring 100+ hours to get into! But this (and Megaman, and pixel platformers on the Spectrum, and G'n'G on the C64) are different. They are asking me to try many times to finish them and I ask why should I finish.
Old 27 April 2023, 15:49   #5
PatmanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
A love letter to a not mainstream game. Appreciated.

I guess I'm mainstream because I associate Data East first with arcade titles such as Karate Champ and Kung Fu Master.

But I did notice the Spectrum port back in my 8-bit day, and in my arcade PCB collecting days in the 90s I looked twice at Atomic Runner, although I never found a PCB of it to buy.

NES port looks responsive and maybe easier? But I never owned a console in the console era. The vast majority of games/ports seemed simple/old/done, no depth or immersion. Now, simple games can be fun as opposite to too involved games requiring 100+ hours to get into! But this (and Megaman, and pixel platformers on the Spectrum, and G'n'G on the C64) are different. They are asking me to try many times to finish them and I ask why should I finish.
Take a look through the archives of my channel and you'll see lots of love letters to various games the past. When I start my channel I wanted to cover games that hadn't been done over and over and didn't receive a lot of attention in the current day.