English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 10 September 2001, 00:35   #21
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Well, what we need is someone with the ORIGINAL of Terrorpods OCS who can dump it, MFM or whatever.
Supposed Codetapper can sandwich some time again, we could get the FIRST CRACKED VERSION EVER of Terrorpods OCS because an earlier discussion somewhere else (Twist, you might remember) revealed that there wasn't any cracked version available anytime. Might be wrong, but...
Old 10 September 2001, 01:15   #22
Amigaboy

Is it a disk protection or manual protection?

Old 10 September 2001, 02:06   #23
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Disk-based. Pretty sure it's MFM. I can warp up my original and send it up (assuming I can figure out how to get my Amiga and PC transferring up and running tonight...)
Old 09 February 2002, 09:53   #24
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Terrorpods OCS?

Seeing as how the posts on this subject are pretty old, I don't know if anybody ever got the OCS version of Terrorpods into an emulator-usable form or not. If not, I have the original and would be happy to try to warp it up and upload it for cracking, assuming that anyone is still interested. If somebody has already cracked it by now, I'd love to get a copy - I have the non-OCS version, but it's just not the same thing.
Old 09 February 2002, 14:33   #25
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I'm glad you brought this up because I don't remember any response to the ECS/OCS question. I still know of no ECS version (a version created/released after the introduction of ECS). AFAIK, there is only one release of Terrorpods. I still have my original (two copies, probably), but with a dead Amiga keyboard on my A2000, I really cannot do much of anything on my machine.

What is it that makes your version non-OCS? To the best of my knowledge, none of us ever warped up our original(s) of the game, so feel free to do this. And TIA!
Old 09 February 2002, 20:58   #26
andreas
Zone Friend

Hey man you rule! :thumbs_up
Thanks for digging up this old thingie, for I would NEVER have opened another thread for this game because it would definitely have been annoying for the EAB people.
So I'm looking forward to seeing a working copy of this game, possibly working on my good old A500!
TIA!
Quote:
I have the non-OCS version, but it's just not the same thing.
You mean this HD-installable version crammed on one ADF image? :laugh

Old 10 February 2002, 07:25   #27
Chuckles
The Ancient One

To answer Twistin's question, I may have misspoken by calling the cracked version I have "non-OCS", as I'm not particularly sure that it requires ECS. It's the HD installable version that is the only one I've seen on the net, which is probably the same version that Andreas is referring to. That one is HD installable, and is set up to run from RAD:. The docs on disk say that it requires at least Kickstart 2.0 and 4 MB of ram. Of course my original runs quite nicely in as little as 512K with Kickstart 1.2 or 1.3.

I'll try to warp up my original, but it may take a while. I'll have to get MFMWarp onto my A500, while dealing with a HD that has started to have problems spinning up. Usually after a half hour or so, it DOES finally decide to come to life, but it's annoying. By the way, if anybody has any tips for warping something like this I'd appreciate hearing them - I haven't done this before, and I don't want to waste anybody's time and effort by sending them a dump that is useless.
Old 10 February 2002, 11:04   #28
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
which is probably the same version that Andreas is referring to.
We DO mean the same version. As you say "available on the net", everything is plain clear.
Old 10 February 2002, 11:33   #29
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Well, I'm having no luck with warping my original up. I'm trying to use MFMWarp with an early version of KS/WB 2.0, and seem to be missing some required libraries. I get an error that says it is unable to get 'HFMN' xpk-packer, whatever that is. Anybody know what I need to be able to warp this up?
Old 10 February 2002, 11:45   #30
Paul
RIP Friends

I had the same problem, Here are the links

http://uk.aminet.net/pub/aminet/util/pack/xpk_User.lha
http://uk.aminet.net/pub/aminet/util/pack/xfdmaster.lha

and

http://ftp.uk.kde.org/pub/aminet/uti...pkHFMN_136.lha

Thanks to Amigaboy and Twistin Ghost help. Take note, you may or maynot need the last file, but it made it work on my A600HD.
Old 10 February 2002, 13:07   #31
TikTok

Codetapper's page has some very helpful info on warping disks too (zap.to/action).
Old 10 February 2002, 14:20   #32
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Terrorpods dump

Thanks, folks! I've now managed to dump the disk, though whether I've done it properly, I'm not sure. I dumped it into 4 .mfm files using mfmwarp with the "deep" option. If that is enough to be usable to anyone, I'll gladly send it along. I don't know if this is the kind of thing that I should upload to the zone, or simply e-mail to an interested party. If somebody will let me know if they want it and tell me the preferred method for sending it, I'll send it next time I'm online.
Old 11 February 2002, 18:33   #33
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Send Terrorpods to me :)

Send me your MFM images and I will do a WHDLoad install and a cracked ADF, check your PRIVATE MAIL
Old 11 February 2002, 23:59   #34
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

All hail King Galahad!!!