English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL suggestions and feedback

Old 27 January 2005, 07:59   #1
Amiga1992

Suggestion: "It's similar to..."

Today while trying to fulfill a "game name" request I found something that could be usefuol in the HOL for this task..

An "It's similar to..." field. In this field one could throw links to HOL IDs of games similar to the one we are viewing.

For example.
X-It is similar to Chip's Challenge, is similar to etc.

Tetris is similar to Dr. MArio is similar to FacesTris is similar to etc.

Would this be hard to implement? And do you think it would be as useful as I htink it is? could be good as well for someone trying to find a game to play that is similar to... whatever.
Old 27 January 2005, 08:17   #2
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Right, let's not forget to add a "People who played this game also liked..." function
Old 27 January 2005, 09:17   #3
Jan

Stick out tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoichi
Right, let's not forget to add a "People who played this game also liked..." function
Oh god, please don't!
Old 27 January 2005, 11:27   #4
RCK
Administrator

the links between game will be improved in futur, we are still determinating how.
Old 27 January 2005, 16:26   #5
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoichi
And make it into amazon.com

why not

;D
Old 27 January 2005, 16:56   #6
Jim

Whenever something new gets added to HOL, a auto-email could be sent to all people who bought something from HOL before.

When you login and change your email preferences to state "Do not send me crap emails, thankyou" it will remember this setting for a few months but then start to send the emails again.

Old 27 January 2005, 18:46   #7
fisken uno
Zone Friend

IIRAC HOTU has a feature such as I understand Akira's suggestion. It's very useful, that way you can easily find new games that you might like and also find games you're looking for but don't know the name of, but that it's kinda like a certain other game. I think it's a very good idea.
Old 27 January 2005, 19:45   #8
mr_a500
Amiga-based Cyborg

It's a good idea. When trying to find similar games, I've been just checking each game from the same genre. It might be hard to say what each game is similar to though. Like is Lionheart similar to Beast or Targhan? I would say Beast, but in Targhan the guy has a sword like Lionheart. Is Zool2 similar to Superfrog? I would say no.

I think even more useful would be "Conversion/Clone of...". Usually conversions and clones of games have completely different names and are very hard to find (but I found some thanks to some awesome replies to my posts!).

Like:
Master Blazer conversion of Ballblazer (C64/Atari800)
Vektor Storm clone of Tempest (Arcade)
Major Motion clone of Spy Hunter (C64/Arcade)
Old 27 January 2005, 21:40   #9
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Once the categories are expanded a bit more to Cody's suggestions (where you have Arkanoid clone, Op Wolf clone etc) that will certainly help, but I think this would be a very nice feature to add!