English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Demos

Old 09 January 2005, 05:06   #1
paul_r_t

Wyld Stallions demos I wrote available here!

In my spare time in the early 90's I wrote a few demos under the name Wyld Stallions that are now very scarce across the internet, I cannot even find a couple listed anywhere. They are not the best in the world, even if I did think so at time. The demos are:

Being Boiled
Ghost
Highlander
King Creole
Saturn Flyby
Star Trek Themes
Star Trek Themes II
The Lawnmower Man

The first version of Star Trek Themes is on the Ami Sector One website and Saturn Flyby is listed in the TOSEC lists. Other than these two the rest seem to be lost. However, for anyone interested I have made ADF images of all these demos? I have added a few screenshots from Star Trek Themes II and The Lawnmower Man for anyone interested:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	StarTrekThemes_1.png
Views:	342
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	7775   Click image for larger version

Name:	StarTrekThemes_2.png
Views:	324
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	7776   Click image for larger version

Name:	StarTrekThemes_3.png
Views:	321
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	7777   Click image for larger version

Name:	LawnmowerMan_1.png
Views:	320
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	7779   Click image for larger version

Name:	LawnmowerMan_4.png
Views:	331
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	7780  

Last edited by paul_r_t; 09 January 2005 at 05:15.
Old 09 January 2005, 05:20   #2
Jim

Are these demos in the traditional sense or more slideshows with music?

Old 09 January 2005, 06:03   #3
paul_r_t

Star Trek Themes purpose in life is to play to huge samples from Star Trek the original series and Star Trek the Next Generation. This was coded when 1mb was the norm and since each sample over 1 minute it obviously could not be played on an unexpanded Amiga, the solution at that time was to play them straight from a floppy disk but the program will load them both into memory if 2mb or more is found. the program gives options oversampling, filtering, showing a starfield like in a warp sequence, and lastly displaying scenes from Star Trek. Samples can also be repeated one after each other or in any combination!

Ghost, Highlander, The Lawnmower Man, follow a similiar route but have no user interface, they are hand coded by me with fading titles, screen wipes, samples, etc. They are bit more than slide shows generated by various utilities!

Saturn Flyby is an animation created with Vidi-Amiga and sequenced with Deluxe Paint IV. There is also digistised introduction from Isaac Asmiov (probably spelt that wrong). The animation loops and has background music!
Old 09 January 2005, 14:42   #4
RCK
Administrator

Excellent !
(note: I delete the duplicate thread)
Old 09 January 2005, 19:34   #5
paul_r_t

I emailed Bernd Gmeineder who has kindly agreed to put the demos along the educational Licenceware titles I did on Back 2 the Roots in the Spring update of the site. However, if anyone is still interested then please let me know!

A last I can rest assured these titles will not disappear into digital oblivion!