English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 March 2010, 21:30   #1
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Mr Blobby AGA

I have the original floppy ECS version of Mr Blobby. In the manual there is written that also AGA version is available for those, who return their original discs directly to Millenium and pay 10 GBP extra. Could anyone confirm that AGA version really exists (or existed)?

Beside this, there is PC version mentioned both in the manual and on the box and there are also screenshots, that are described as "PC version" on the rear side of the box. I haven't found even a word about PC version over the net. Did it exist?

And the third question: In the manual there is a CD32 version mentioned. I would believe that it is only the alternate control system to standart floppy version, using the CD32 pad, but again - on the rear side of the box there is a CD version mentioned, that should include the live Blobby show (and there is a photo of it). Any informations about this?

See this: http://hol.abime.net/2525/boxscan
Old 20 March 2012, 12:44   #2
logikstate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I have the original floppy ECS version of Mr Blobby. In the manual there is written that also AGA version is available for those, who return their original discs directly to Millenium and pay 10 GBP extra. Could anyone confirm that AGA version really exists (or existed)?

Beside this, there is PC version mentioned both in the manual and on the box and there are also screenshots, that are described as "PC version" on the rear side of the box. I haven't found even a word about PC version over the net. Did it exist?

And the third question: In the manual there is a CD32 version mentioned. I would believe that it is only the alternate control system to standart floppy version, using the CD32 pad, but again - on the rear side of the box there is a CD version mentioned, that should include the live Blobby show (and there is a photo of it). Any informations about this?

See this: http://hol.abime.net/2525/boxscan
I programmed the Amiga version of this. Yes, the AGA version existed as I wrote it and it was 100% complete... I have yet to find adf's of it though so I'm not sure if it ever made it into the wild or not. The CD32 version I have a hazy memory of starting and then it was pulled in very early development because Commodore went bust?

I think the PC version existed too as I seem to remember seeing it working.

Old 20 March 2012, 12:45   #3
Amiga1992

Would be great to have an AGA version if you have the originals!
Welcome to EAB by the way! Perhaps you have other gems that are unreleased or can generally contribute with findings
Old 20 March 2012, 12:50   #4
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Welcome to EAB logikstate, always interesting to see classic programmers dropping in to say hello!

Do you still have the sources of your Amiga work? What else did you code?
Old 20 March 2012, 13:56   #5
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Hi Dude can I ask did you experiment with larger sprites in Super Street Fighter 2? and can you remember anything about the conversion?

p.s I think SSF2 has best game play all the Amiga versions

Last edited by Retro1234; 20 March 2012 at 14:59.