English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 September 2001, 01:17   #1
MethodGit

Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade - Adventure (Original)

Well, I noticed that many people have come on here looking for originals of well-known games before, and I feel that I should encourage someone to add to the "found" list by requesting (kindly) for the original version of this fine (although just short of being as great as "Fate Of Atlantis") Indy adventure game thing.

Oh, and before you start moaning and crazy shit like that, this definitely is NOT anything to do with the recently released WHDLoad patch for the game. Seriously. Thank you.
Old 26 September 2001, 08:25   #2
ptrchiappe

Send a message via AIM to ptrchiappe
Re: Thanks for the offer, but...

I have the original versions of almost all lucasarts adventures (in italian of course), complete with all the goodies that were inside the boxes.

The gift i like most is the copy of the newspaper Zak McKracken works for, it's just like many newspapers i could buy at the newsstand even today

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 13 October 2001 at 01:47.
Old 26 September 2001, 09:47   #3
Riempie
Amiga freak

I had different versions (cracks?) of this game, but the save-function didn't work. I believe the password-protection wasn't cracked, a document with the password was on the disks too I believe, but somehow there must be a crack without the password bit... Maybe this is just a copy of the original, I should try the disks with the WHD-patch I think...
Old 26 September 2001, 16:07   #4
Riempie
Amiga freak

Vision Factory cracked the version on PE2000. I skipped the intro and I could play the game, save a game, load a game. Seems perfectly fine to me. Don't know what will happen if I watch the whole intro without skipping it..
Old 27 September 2001, 08:55   #5
ptrchiappe

Marz, i'm not spoiling the adventure for you (you can always read the solution) but if you want to have a chance of finishing it with no troubles, you'll need a scan of the diary of Indy's father that came with the game.

When you come to the point of choosing the right Graal chalice (i.e the end of the game), you'll have received three hints during the adventure, which have a reference of some sort in the diary, that help you find the right one at the first try (otherwise it's a case of trial and error).

Other hints in the diary show you the right way to deal with the three trials at the end.

So if you want to play the game properly, try to get a scan of the diary .
Old 27 September 2001, 11:22   #6
ptrchiappe

The italian version is in the ADFZone.

Marz i think that if you apply the patch to the main executable of this version and then copy all the files in the Rooms dir of the cracked versions, you should obtain the game patched and with the language of the cracked version.

I have not tried but probably only the verbs would be in italian, so if you want to try it
let us all know of the result.
Old 27 September 2001, 22:34   #7
MethodGit

Unhappy Problems with Indy 3

Quote:
Originally posted by ptrchiappe
The italian version is in the ADFZone.

Marz i think that if you apply the patch to the main executable of this version and then copy all the files in the Rooms dir of the cracked versions, you should obtain the game patched and with the language of the cracked version.

I have not tried but probably only the verbs would be in italian, so if you want to try it
let us all know of the result.
Well, first it seemed like it all worked out perfectly, but then the big problems arose.

The first time I ran it it worked, I got past the protection screen, and I could walk around the gym, and the verb options were in English too. I could save as well, although it took almost a minute to save, dammit. Hopefully the WHD team will find a way to make old games save much more quickly.

But when I went into the room with the crowd of card-demanding students, I wanted to skip the cut scene and pressed Escape, but then, although I could still move the mouse around and everything on screen was still animated, clicking on the commands did nothing, and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even access the save screen, although I could still pause.

So, out of the game I went, and I decided to start it up again. I skipped the intro (I did this in the first run as well), got through the protection........ and got greeted not with the materialisation of the gym and Indy, but a simple aqua-blue text line saying "ERROR #50". I could not get any further than this. Now it appears to differentiate in workability every time - I get thru, and the game screws up at the card-students scene, or I don't even get to start the game properly, and the game either jams on the protection screen or gives me that aforementioned error. I got this with the cracked versions, as well. Riempie, did you only run the game once? Cos I believe if you tried running the cracked game again through this patch, the same thing would happen to you.

So, either the WHD patch is fucked, or WinUAE is fucked, or both original and cracks are fucked. Someone solve the mystery behind all this and end my dearest despair. Thanks.
Old 28 September 2001, 03:02   #8
§ane

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
[ http://sane.myip.org/temp/IndianaJones3.zip ]

From Dreamzone, it may be uncracked but it is definately not an original!
Old 28 September 2001, 08:38   #9
ptrchiappe

Well Marz, the original has brought me to the end of the adventure (as you could guess from my advices) on the A500.

I had a couple of errors too but they were very late in the game, and i just reloaded and passed the same point.

Maybe the WHD installer doesn't like the italian version.
Old 28 September 2001, 08:59   #10
Riempie
Amiga freak

Quote:
Riempie, did you only run the game once? Cos I believe if you tried running the cracked game again through this patch, the same thing would happen to you.
Yes, I started the game once and haven't played it very long, so I'll have to test it more...
Old 28 September 2001, 14:27   #11
ptrchiappe

Re: Problems with Indy 3

Quote:
Originally posted by MarzAttakz
But when I went into the room with the crowd of card-demanding students, I wanted to skip the cut scene and pressed Escape, but then, although I could still move the mouse around and everything on screen was still animated, clicking on the commands did nothing, and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even access the save screen, although I could still pause.
The scene in the classroom is not a cut scene, you have to TALK to the students and if you give the right answers you'll get to your room.
Old 28 September 2001, 23:21   #12
Riempie
Amiga freak

I have problems with the Indy WHD too on my real Amiga, I can see the intro, but as soon as I have to use the cursor and let Indy walk, he stops after every mouse click... as if the screen freezes. But when I press a key on the keyboard suddenly he moves to the place where I pointed my mouse at. ??

The strange thing is that it works fine in WinUAE
Old 29 September 2001, 00:15   #13
MethodGit

No, pete, what I meant by "cut-scene" in that bit is the bit where the students are bugging the hell out of the woman trying to control the situation, and then Indy comes in. But after she finishes speaking to me, the students remain animated for only a few seconds and then the whole game freezes up and is buggered (except for the mouse cursor, the space bar and the function keys). Therefore I can't talk to the students in order to get through to the room, and this is the only way in which I can access it because the window is latched from the other side, meaning you can't try to get in from the outside of the building.

Maybe Jeff can look into this. Hope he regularly visits the Yahoo! Groups WHDLoad page (which I registered to some time ago).
Old 01 October 2001, 08:52   #14
ptrchiappe

You can easily check if the WHDLoad install is faulty just starting the game normally.

If you fail the password protection three times, the game starts in demo mode (you can't load/save) and you can go straight to the students room to check that it runs fine beyond that.

I tried in my italian copy in WinUAE and had no problems, so you can just test your english copy the same way.
Old 01 October 2001, 14:32   #15
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally posted by ptrchiappe
You can easily check if the WHDLoad install is faulty just starting the game normally.
In either WinUAE or real Amiga, whatever configuration and/or setup, right?
Old 01 October 2001, 16:40   #16
ptrchiappe

Yes, as the most basic install is : copy every file on the disks to a directory of your choice.

Beware that if you start under AGA (real or emulated) you will get a corrupt display unless you degrade your machine (Start menu or killaga).