English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 31 July 2022, 06:10   #1
DisasterIncarna

Gadtools Tickbox Size?

Hello again all, back with another possibly stupid question, while making my games/demo/otherstuff/boot sequence program i have swapped my old Listview for Genre's to tickboxes so that multiple genre's can be selected at once, the transfer is fine, tho does eat more screen space.

The tickboxes however, i notice that while AmiBlitz3 does allow you to enter width and height values, the tick boxes still remain fixed at their normal sizes and the values arent being recognised, is there some magic to be enabled? perhaps a GTTags option, i already use GTTags #GTLV_ShowSelected to have lister entries remain clicked/shown and i think i read some documentation that #GTCB_Scaled was a potential option but i have tried setting that to true in AmiBlitz3 with no success.

Does anyone know the correct way to allow the tickboxes to size up, in my attached picture i gave them a way over the top square size so i would know if it worked, at 30,30 but thats clearly not working, its defaulting to small square rectangles suitable for hires screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TickBoxes.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	76186  
Old 31 July 2022, 10:21   #2
thomas

GTCB_Scaled should give you check boxes in the size you specify in struct NewGadget. It has to be given to the CreateGadget call for each checkbox you want to scale.
Old 31 July 2022, 21:37   #3
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

What Thomas said - however here's a code snippet from the Roadie source:

Code:
GTCheckBox 1, #current_delay, 120, itemVPos, itemHeight-4, itemHeight-4, "Init Delay?", #PLACETEXT_LEFT|$200 ;using $200 as #GTCB_Scaled isn't correctly defined
Looks like I left myself a handy comment that might help you here
Old 31 July 2022, 23:44   #4
DisasterIncarna

Cheers guys, its working perfectly now can pad out those boxes to not waste as much screen space, thanks

[ Show youtube player ]

Quick vid, my multi-thingy-launcher now looking a bit better with those "now scaled up tickboxes", my list of genres ever changing as i always keep removing and replacing some as too few to be worth it.

I only added 28 genres to the list of games so far to test with, so only another 5000+ to add for this to be fully functional.

thanks for the help again, and yes indi that was of great help, the $200 being what was needed and i have now removed all trace of #GTCB_Scaled.

Old 01 August 2022, 12:46   #5
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
Cheers guys, its working perfectly now can pad out those boxes to not waste as much screen space, thanks

[ Show youtube player ]

Quick vid, my multi-thingy-launcher now looking a bit better with those "now scaled up tickboxes", my list of genres ever changing as i always keep removing and replacing some as too few to be worth it.

I only added 28 genres to the list of games so far to test with, so only another 5000+ to add for this to be fully functional.

thanks for the help again, and yes indi that was of great help, the $200 being what was needed and i have now removed all trace of #GTCB_Scaled.

Nice one, prog looks great too