English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 21 September 2013, 11:37   #1
Leandro Jardim

Is deletion of attachments prohibited?

I ask this because I did delete some ZIP files that I did attach in some posts from my account, specially some files with WinUAE logs and other files, but I did not saw the site rules about vandalization, and obviously this is not something that I want to do.

I removed the files because I got worried to think that the space for pictures and so on could get exhausted some day.

Well, but also because in that files have some logs and snapshots that could be used to find directories and addresses on my system. I dont doubt on Toni's seriousness, and not even I have the rights to doubt on anyone here, I know this.

But before I have discovered how the Windows firewall works with the help of a good rule editor for it, and uninstalled an anti-virus that gave me "headaches", my computer got "plagued" with every sort of virus damage. Even supostely that nobody had the IP address of my machine.

I would only like to explain the reason a bit and say that if the moderators want, they can restore the files, ok? I did not delete everything, only one or other file.

Thanks for the excellent group that is Abime, and the EAB forum, and you are my friends, guys, and keep the excelent work, because it is excellent, and its all excellent. (Ahem. Sorry, I an very busy "playing" with WinUAE, I love it!)

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 21 September 2013 at 12:20.
Old 21 September 2013, 12:28   #2
DH
Global Moderator

No, deletion of attachments is NOT prohibited, they are yours to do as you please. Usually after a certain length of time, the neccessary people have already viewed them, and it's your discretion how long you leave them there.

Hope this answers your question
Old 21 September 2013, 14:34   #3
RCK
Administrator

Currently, no rules about attachments, you can view and manage all of them into your UserCP
http://eab.abime.net/profile.php?do=...s&showthumbs=1
Old 21 September 2013, 16:05   #4
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK View Post
Currently, no rules about attachments, you can view and manage all of them into your UserCP
http://eab.abime.net/profile.php?do=...s&showthumbs=1
well attachments on closed theads cannot be deleted, right?
Old 21 September 2013, 20:16   #5
DH
Global Moderator

Indeed Marcuz, for those to be deleted you will need to ask a GM to remove them for you.

Not ideal I know, but there's no real alternative.