English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old Yesterday, 06:34   #1
Marconelly

Using a USB joystick with the Amiga

I have a USB Competition Pro-like joystick that came with The C64 Mini, and I'm wondering if there's an easy and inexpensive way to use it with a regular A500.
I've tried connecting it using a 9-pin to USB "Tikus" adapter that came with the Tank Mouse. I've bought this mouse relatively recently, and it said on the website that it comes with the newest version of Tikus adapter that allegedly supports USB joysticks and gamepads. However, in my experience, the adapter they sent me does not support anything but the mouse it came with - and what's worse, it has some insanely high sensitivity and pointer speed which can't be changed.
I figured I should check if anyone has first hand experience with this before spending any more money on other adapters. A nice bonus would be if the adapter could support the Tank Mouse at a more normal speed rather than being super-sensitive like it is in my case.
Old Yesterday, 06:36   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Here's a thread about the topic: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112373
Old Yesterday, 07:34   #3
Marconelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Here's a thread about the topic: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=112373
Thanks! I see that one really good recommendation came up in that thread:
https://github.com/EmberHeavyIndustries/HID2AMI
HID2AMI device which explicitly lists support for the Tank Mouse and C64 Mini joystick (plus a whole bunch of others). This adapter seems like a real deal, but it's quite expensive on ebay, around $57 USD shipped. I hoped to find something a bit cheaper, but if not, I may just order this.