English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 19 May 2005, 23:25   #1
iane1

600 hd problems

Hi i have just bought an amiga 600hd and have only managed to get it to run once all it does is light up leaving the power led on and the caps lock light on.Also the screen stays black,it came to life the second time i switched it on after fiddling with the power lead and seemed ok but now just blackness any help would be appreciated as this is my first foray into all things amiga.

Old 20 May 2005, 22:01   #2
lloyd
Mehh :D

Could be that a wire in the connecting socket is loose, (gone intermnittent as we electronic peeps say) - or, maybe the socket itself (on the motherboard) has parted with the copper foil on the actual circuit board itself.

Try a different PSU, and if that doesn't work, you'll need to open up the miggy, take the circuit board out, examine the connections on and around the area the power connecting socket is seated. Run a soldering iron and add a dab of solder over anything that looks slightly dodgy. If that doesn't cure it, you'll need to get it serviced.

Hope it helps, best of luck. Remember though, if you don't know what you are doing - DON'T mess, cos I'll not be held responsible
Old 23 May 2005, 00:22   #3
iane1

Big grin

Yes thanks I will try what you recommend as it does seem like a bad connection or joint as a bit of fiddling around got it going again last night once again many thanks Ian

Old 16 June 2005, 18:14   #4
cyclone

i wont tell the story again but i would just try turning it on - waiting for the hd to wake up (just longer that that first failed bootup) then restet the sod with the control Amiga Amiga keys... cant promise but i had a 200 meg that worked that way for ages...