English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 22 November 2023, 23:22   #1
amigakit.com

Greaseweazle V4.1 Retail Boxed At AmigaKit.com

Amiga Kit Amiga Store is pleased to announce that the Greaseweazle V4.1 is now available with printed retail box packaging. Greaseweazle lets your PC/Mac/Linux box read real Amiga floppy disks and other floppy disk formats.

Product Links:

UK
USA
Europe
Canada
Australia
New Zealand

Old 23 November 2023, 13:39   #2
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Now that's a Posh box......

Aaaaand.... It's Purple!!
Old 23 November 2023, 15:33   #3
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Nice. What are the differences between a v4 and v4.1? (Ah I can see it mainly involves power and not features)
Old 25 November 2023, 14:59   #4
lesta_smsc

Is there a way to connect this internally into a PC? The headers appear to be for programming rather than USB interface?
Old 25 November 2023, 17:23   #5
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Is there a way to connect this internally into a PC? The headers appear to be for programming rather than USB interface?
Interesting question... I thought the software that uses it needs USB, so I would think not.

For USB you could just run the USB cord from the back of the PC and then back inside the PC.
Or many PCs have USB headers on their motherboards, so you could just go from the Greaseweazle USB to an open USB motherboard header if you have one...

That said, if the software just uses the USB as a serial port and using the header is an option (which I doubt, but), then in theory you could do that, but you'd have the same situation. You'd need a serial port on your PC (or a serial port header), which are much less common than USB ports/headers nowadays...
Old 25 November 2023, 17:36   #6
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
Interesting question... I thought the software that uses it needs USB, so I would think not.

For USB you could just run the USB cord from the back of the PC and then back inside the PC.

Or many PCs have USB headers on their motherboards, so you could just go from the Greaseweazle USB to an open USB motherboard header if you have one...

That said, if the software just uses the USB as a serial port and using the header is an option (which I doubt, but), then in theory you could do that, but you'd have the same situation. You'd need a serial port on your PC (or a serial port header), which are much less common than USB ports/headers nowadays...
Yes a USB motherboard header to a GW header. Then have it connected to a floppy drive on the case.

I want to have:
1 x Floppy drive (standard)
1 x Greaseweazle
1 x Drawbridge
Old 26 November 2023, 02:07   #7
scrappysphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
I can't say it will work but i also can't see any reason why it wouldn't but maybe something like this USB C to internal 9 pin header cable could work.

Plug the header onto the motherboard usb header and then plug the USB C end into the greaseweasle. You would then just need to secure the board inside the case and connect it to up to a floppy drive.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-...C-Adaptor.html