English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 05 October 2011, 22:06   #1
Pyro

Arrow WinUAE - Evil & TotalChaos - to play a game

I used to program games on the commodore64 and even hex-edited games on PC, but I am stumped at trying to get WinUAE to run a game so maybe I'm just missing something simple. I am trying to get either Evil or TotalChaos to work on WinUAE to surprise my brothers with the games we once enjoyed. I have read TotalChaos is sometimes difficult to get to work so I've been trying Evil (although I cannot find anything good or bad about it's success with WinUAE).

To setup the WinUAE I followed this website here & it runs:
http://www.justadventure.com/articles/Amiga/Amiga1.shtm

The 2 games are here:
http://aminet.net/package/game/think/Evil125
http://aminet.net/package/game/strat/TotalChaosAGAr6

I get WinUAE to run, but now what? When I use the default settings I get told I need to run 68020 with 32bit or 68030 etc. When I start adjusting some of the settings I sometimes get a purple screen with the disk or a workbench screen, but now what? Do I need to place or reference the workbench disk files somewhere? Other things I have tried have lead to the "Cannot Open 'Mathieeedoubbas.library', version 37 Runme.exe failed returncode 900" or "ReadError27 on block 0" or "Not Enough Memory Guru Meditation." These errors usually appeared trying to get TotalChaos to work with it's AGA.

If someone has already got Evil or TotalChaos to work let me know. I don't mind using my old Amiga floopy TotalChaos version, but I'm not even sure how I would do that. Do I just copy the Amiga floppy file to the PC somewhere? I don't mind using the newest TotalChaos version (a 14turn demo version) I downloaded just to get it to work, but is there an older download version that's freeware I could use?

I don't have the space or time right now to setup the old Amiga computer so I would prefer if I could do this without the Amiga.

My PC is only 3years old, but I can give it's specs if it helps.
I have the following files on my PC:

WinUAE (which works)
Workbenchv3.1 (all 6 disk files)
Kickstart 3.1 rev 40.68.rom
Kickstart v1.3_34.5 A500-A2000.rom
Kickstart v3.1_40.68 A1200.rom
Evil125.lha
TotalChaosAGAr6.lha

Any suggestions and advice to get this working would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.