English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 23 April 2020, 16:58   #1
akkudakku

A500/A2000 boot selector, no switch

Hey guys/girls.

First post ;-)

I have designed a board that goes between the floppy CIA and the Amiga mobo. It switches between the internal (default) and external floppy drives with the use of the three finger salute (Amiga+Amiga+Ctrl) - you hold the reset combination for over one second and it switches over.

No need for holes in the case or a switch dangling in the trapdoor.

I have 4 extra prototype boards that I don't need ;-) If you want them write here.
I have already fixed a minor fault (forgot 2 diodes when capturing the schematic to Eagle) on the prototypes and fixed the project files to include them.

Minor assembly required - you need to solder on your own pin headers (I don't have machined headers on hand) and the socket (socket needs to be soldered after the headers). After soldering the headers trim the leads fluch with top of the board, so that the socket sits flat.

Photos below:
http:///imgur.com/a/BUZqsg3

If there will be demand I can order more boards and even assemble them for people :-)
Old 27 April 2020, 10:44   #2
m1ner2049er

Hello!
Sweet! i like the fact that you don't have to modify the case to fit it.
I have resently purchased an A500 (not had time to unbox it yet though ) and was thinking of getting a gotek and put in in a external drive case.
So being able to choose boot drive would be essential.
I would not mind having one of your extra boards, or purchase one if you need to order more.