English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 02 September 2005, 02:35   #1
Ray Norrish

Amiga remakes site

Probably a better place for this than news:

Added loads of new items, but also a guestbook in an amiga style.. have a look if you haven't already - but please sign the guestbook

any comments / suggestions welcome.

http://norrish.force9.co.uk/amiga
Old 02 September 2005, 10:30   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Great looking site. Unfortunately it doesnt work too well under Firefox.

What technique did you use to replace the mouse pointer (which doesnt work in Firefox)?
Old 02 September 2005, 12:04   #3
Marcuz

hi Ray, cool you have finished it, nice site!
[edit] i've just noticed that some button requires to be clicked two times to work, as the guestbook' related. i'm pretty sure that it was not so on the wip. that with opera; with firefox as Alexh said, the mouse thing doesn't allow me to reach the guestbook at all. it works fine with Ie.

Last edited by Marcuz; 02 September 2005 at 12:11.
Old 02 September 2005, 13:58   #4
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh
What technique did you use to replace the mouse pointer (which doesnt work in Firefox)?
It uses a custom CSS cursor which is only supported by IE6, support in Mozilla has been added, it works in nightly builds but not the last release version.

The site is very nice and a good demonstration of what is achievable by talented DHTML coders, it is unfortunate that it generates masses of errors under Mozilla through the use of the document.all property which is not valid DOM syntax.

Last edited by OddbOd; 02 September 2005 at 14:09.
Old 02 September 2005, 19:49   #5
Ray Norrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
hi Ray, cool you have finished it, nice site!
[edit] i've just noticed that some button requires to be clicked two times to work, as the guestbook' related. i'm pretty sure that it was not so on the wip. that with opera; with firefox as Alexh said, the mouse thing doesn't allow me to reach the guestbook at all. it works fine with Ie.
I can see there is a failover for unsupported cursor in the css, so I can fix that. I don`t know about clicking twice, as your name was in twice!