English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 11 April 2022, 20:07   #1
Leon Besson
Banned

Mediator 1200TX+ issues Help required

Yo Bromigos!

I’m currently playing around trying to get Warp3D to work on my Mediator 1200TX+

After reading up about getting WarpUp and Warp3D to work on my BPPC 060 card and have finally now got this working.

Used this to help me out;

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91493

-Currently running Amiga OS 3.1.4 ROMs
- 3.9 install with workbench.library and icon.library from 3.1.4 install disk.
- Mediator MMCD 2 CD with MMCD 2.6 update and pci.library version 13.10
- Picasso 3.2.4 Icomp licensed
- screenmodes setup correctly (workbench using 1024.768 x 16 with 640x480 x 16)
- fastEthernet.device driver using a RTL 8039D chipset card (works fine on 4MB jumper with mediator)
- thorsMMU Libs installed with BPPfix install 040 >NIL: deployed at beginning of startup-sequence

But I’m having the following issues;

1)… On cold boot the workbench screen locks up and the only way to get this working is by doing a warm reboot. I think this is down to WarpUp 5.1? As that’s when it started to do this. Anyone know of issues with WarpUp?

2).. I’m using the 8MB jumper on the mediator, but this also causes my network card not to operate properly. For example roadshow will not connect up to my network (Fine in 4MB jumper mode). Is this a known issue?

Any help Mangs! Appreciated

At the moment having a moment with this
Old 11 April 2022, 21:11   #2
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

BPPCFix should reboot your system when firstly run I think. Maybe it does not do that and therefore needs a warm reboot?
Old 11 April 2022, 22:35   #3
Leon Besson
Banned

Thanks Hedeon.

Can confirm that this does the same on my other Tower setup with a different BPPC card and 1200TX mediator.

But the network issue doesn’t carry across. So I must have a different issue there. Possibly NIC or hardware fault.
Old 11 April 2022, 23:55   #4
Leon Besson
Banned

Well tried a different NIC and cable and still the same issue

I’m thinking this is an issue with the 1200TX+ rev 2.2 2021 board.
The 1200 TX rev 2.1 2018 one in my other tower is t giving me this issue.

This is weird
Old 12 April 2022, 01:29   #5
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
BPPCFix should reboot your system when firstly run I think. Maybe it does not do that and therefore needs a warm reboot?
Looks like something on the version of my BBPfix isn’t doing the reboot. Have had the WarpUp/OS message about terminating the ppc.library.

Will look into which version this is and try a different one

The BPPfix I’m using is from thorsMMU (latest version off Aminet).

Have contacted Elbox about the 1200TX+ problem with 8MB jumper as well.

Will report back when I hear back.
Old 14 April 2022, 00:55   #6
Leon Besson
Banned

So sent medreport.txt off to Elbox. Not only is my NIC not working properly but the Spider II USB has problems in 8MB jumpered. In 4MB jumpered mode it’s working fine.

Elbox have now asked me to check my Re-Amiga V1.5 Chucky board as at the moment my test tower has a 1D1 Commodore recapped board and the system NOT working properly has the Chucky recreated board. Hopefully I will get to the root of the problem soon. Fingers crossed it’s not a Re-Amiga board issue
Old 14 April 2022, 18:56   #7
Leon Besson
Banned

So after taking time today to strip out my Amiga Tower, it appears I have now fixed the issue. Looks as though the Chucky Re-Amiga V 1.5 board with NOS chips is to blame. Have just fitted everything on my workbench to a spare 1D1 rev Commodore which is recapped and all now seems to function with 8MB jumpered.

Well this is a kicker. Just put everything back into my tower with the tested 1D1 and have the same issue again!

So must be something else

Last edited by Leon Besson; 14 April 2022 at 21:05.
Old 14 April 2022, 23:54   #8
Leon Besson
Banned

Fixed It! It was the God damn PCMCIA port! 3.1.4 also played a part by giving false positives due to how it handles the greater than 4MB side of things to keep the PCMCIA working. I placed a PCMCIA SD card reader/writer without the SD card inserted which still meant the Amiga was still trying to use it triggering the issues I was seeing
As soon as I removed the card and powered back on, NiC card has started working again and so has Warp3D.
Lesson learned the hard way Bromigos!
Old 15 April 2022, 10:38   #9
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

No PCMCIA for u when you need all 8mb. This is a good example that you must provide all info when you have issues :-D
Old 15 April 2022, 13:39   #10
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
No PCMCIA for u when you need all 8mb. This is a good example that you must provide all info when you have issues :-D
Indeed Hedeon….Indeed!

The issue now is that I was using the PCMCIA for file transfers. So I have now fitted a couple of toggle switches to the “Config” and the “0/4/8” jumpers so I can now toggle between them with out having to take the Tower case apart
Old 15 April 2022, 23:00   #11
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
The issue now is that I was using the PCMCIA for file transfers. So I have now fitted a couple of toggle switches to the “Config” and the “0/4/8” jumpers so I can now toggle between them with out having to take the Tower case apart
If you have a network card would an SMB mount be easier? That's how I transfer files to my towered 1200
Old 15 April 2022, 23:07   #12
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
If you have a network card would an SMB mount be easier? That's how I transfer files to my towered 1200
Yes Bromigo! Will be looking into that. It’s just with a SD/CF card I keep all of my installation files and extras on that card when I come to do any system installs from scratch etc…
Old 15 April 2022, 23:28   #13
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Yes Bromigo! Will be looking into that. It’s just with a SD/CF card I keep all of my installation files and extras on that card when I come to do any system installs from scratch etc…
Ah gotcha! I use a USB Card Reader with my spider for that purpose
Old 16 April 2022, 01:49   #14
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Ah gotcha! I use a USB Card Reader with my spider for that purpose
I have one of those too. But find that the PCMCIA has a faster transfer rate than the Spider-II. Plus it’s faster than the RapidRoad Clockport version
Old 16 April 2022, 10:50   #15
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
I have one of those too. But find that the PCMCIA has a faster transfer rate than the Spider-II. Plus it’s faster than the RapidRoad Clockport version
That's fair, I've never speed tested the Spider, just love the convenience! RapidRoad is an interesting one, the tendency to cook itself if you hotplug devices put me off ever getting one
Old 16 April 2022, 14:31   #16
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
I might have got you wrong, but which PCMCIA to USB adapter are you using please? - or is it just a PCMCIA card reader??
Old 16 April 2022, 15:40   #17
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
I might have got you wrong, but which PCMCIA to USB adapter are you using please? - or is it just a PCMCIA card reader??
I’m using a PCMCIA adapter that uses SD Cards on my PCMCIA port. But also use a Spider-II on my mediator with a Kingston card reader.
I have other Amigas such as a Checkmate built one where I have a RapidRoad Clockport version but with a powered USB hub which then I connect a USB card reader to to help prevent the 5volt killer destroying my Rapid Road
Old 16 April 2022, 19:29   #18
Leon Besson
Banned

So. Found a unique way around not having PCMCIA access and gain triple the speed.
As I also have a Elbox FASTATA MKV in my system and boot from SCSI using the 603e and SD2SCSI adapter. I have now created a new CF0 mount point so L:FAT95 and scsi.device using the FASTATA is used for my SD Windows formatted card instead. Great thing about that is that I get close triple the speed now

Before I was getting 2.9 to 3.0 Mbps transfer on PCMCIA. Now with FASTATA 6.5Mbps

About twice as fast as my Spider-II using a Kingston Card reader