View Single Post
Old 07 October 2007, 19:24   #15
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Cruse View Post
Your correct about not being able to access hardfiles from the PC, I use a directory drive as a common between the PC and the Amiga, which is not great but it works. As far as speed goes, I'm using an NTFS harddrive and my hardfiles are a lot faster then a directory drive. Now I use the RDB method for my hardfiles, which I discovered yesterday to be much faster then the regular hardfiles. Maybe that's why your hardfiles are slow, it's difficult to say. I can copy my 50meg Work: partition to another hardfile in 2.5 to 5 seconds, it varies. From work: to the common directory drive takes 13 seconds. Both the hardfiles and the directory drive are on the same harddrive partition. From Work: to a regular hardfile takes, well I gave up after 75 seconds. I'm not totally convinced I'm setting up the regular hardfile properly, that seems to slow.
Really? I must admit I've never spotted the RDB method... Might have something to do with the fact I'm using WinUae0.9.something Also, in this version the hardfiles might just be slower then in the latest version. Gonna have to check it out.

Page generated in 0.05057 seconds with 11 queries