View Single Post
Old 17 September 2021, 20:55   #7
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Nice of you to step in my modest Bivouac thread, please use one of the sleeping bags, we leave early in the morning . On a more serious note, I've got a couple (somehow unrelated, and probably ingenuous) questions :

jotd mentioned the HLS disk protection, is this some kind of utterly smart protection ? What I mean by that : Did the coder behind that disk protection had anticipated the possibility that a virtual FDD would exist someday ? Assuming I had bought that version of the game (a boxed copy of Final Assault), the corresponding floppy disk would load fine on my miggy, right ? The reason it doesn't hasn't anything to do with the integrity of the HFEv3 I used, but instead could be attributed to the detection of something fishy by the protection (like some red alert after it detected a Gotek, instead of an actual floppy disk drive). Is this a correct interpretation ?
Also, is there any possibility for the average Joe to backtrack on an anonymous (lack of cracktro etc.) crack from an ADF in order to relate it to any of the existing scene group / person ? In other words, were there early crack groups that were known for not attempting to become famous by spreading their nick through their releases (deliberately, or simply because they didn't care).

Page generated in 0.05224 seconds with 11 queries