View Single Post
Old 03 November 2014, 07:03   #33
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
I don't see why the two would exclude each other. Removing the ability to run system commands from the editor immediately makes it much less flexible and extensible.
They're not mutually exclusive, but only having the ability to execute dos scripts and commands is certainly too limited.

Anyway, the only reason for me to switch editors on the Amiga is something like Intellisense in addition to full programability and proper syntax coloring.

I use FrexxEd, and that editor is VERY hard to beat (it's almost completely programmable). It's certainly under-configured out of the box, not to mention that the authors made some bad setup choices, but my current setup isn't anything like the original config. The only real drawback of FrexxEd is that the syntax coloring system is limited and fiddly, plus some small things, but it's open source and compiles with SASC, so it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Anyone who wants to write the best text editor for the Amiga should definitely read through the FrexxEd documentation.

Page generated in 0.06360 seconds with 11 queries