View Single Post
Old 05 December 2020, 22:54   #5
G'fr'sh

Cheerz, Wazza.

Yeah, I saw that Pete Cannon vid. Don't think his tunes are that authentic souonding for the most part, if he's going for the '91-'96 vibe. A bit messy. And he seemed to just use it for triggering externals rather than sampling thru the Amiga. A bit gimicky.
It was actually the cTrix one that got me onto it tho, coz before that I didn't realise Amigas could sample. I knew a lot of dudes used Atari STs for MIDI sequencing back in the day but when I saw his vid I went "Bingo! That's the sound!". Like, Some Justice - I always wondered what sampler was used for the bass at the beginning...but now I realise that it was the Octamed synth!
I can't be a hipster - I can't grow a beard for a kick off, lolz. But it does make me chortle when people just assume I'm making d'n'b and am spending all my nights chopping up Amen, ha ha. I just see it as a ch£ap 8-bit hardware sampler at the end of the day. Found out about it at a time when I needed to sell my SP and I think sampling at anything above 12-bit is pointless (since little to no character is imparted), so I went for it. I just fixed up a 500+ to run in tandem with the 1200 for to double my tracks/outputs.

Yeah, the GVPs are selling for silly money on eBay. £150 mostly and I *think* I even saw one go for around £300?!?!

As I say, coming from a hardware background, it still feels like cheating to transfer stuff in, and I've got stax o'wax waiting to be pilfered from, so the search continues...

Page generated in 0.04909 seconds with 11 queries