View Single Post
Old 19 September 2010, 14:15   #16
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B View Post

I assume that the Picasso disk will install screenmodes that will work with workbench & such, but the card will not display games?

So....if I can connect an LCD via VGA switch to both Picasso directly & RBG port via Nathan's adaptor, I can play games from native RGB & then using the VGA switch, use workbench type apps from the Picasso?

PZ.
Yep, thats how it works when you install the picasso drivers it gives you some basic screen modes based on the frequency you choose during the install.

320x240 & 640x480 will probably work right away but you'll need to edit the 800x600 and upwards to support you monitor.

You are correct games that use native screens (like WHDLoad Games) will not display through the RTG you'll need to switch to the normal output, your suggestion will work fine. I have an LCD TV with Scart and VGA inputs for my A1200T (Mediator/Voodoo5) so I just switch channel between VGA and AV but a switch box will do the same thing. Games like Doom/Quake/Genetic Species can use RTG and you can promote them to 320x240 with the 'Newmode' App

I invested in a PicassoIV for my A4000 which has the built in scan doubler so displays everything through one output, I can't even begin to tell you how awesome this card is - if you ever get the chance to get one at a reasonable price you should!

Steve.

Page generated in 0.04402 seconds with 11 queries