View Single Post
Old 03 March 2021, 11:33   #18
amiga_amigo

Well, should have been more careful with my wording.
It didn't crash with a bluescreen or something.
On a very poor notebook (2 Core Intel Pentium, 4GB Ram, Win10 Home) i had this setup:
WinUAE (A4000, JIT, OS3.1) <=> Com0Com <=> Win10 HTerm
When transmission didn't want to end, WinUAE window first went blank and didn't respond to middlemouse or F12. So i had no windows mousepointer anymore.
Same time windows started swapping ram to HD since traffic went up (notebook HD-LED continuously on).
Couldn't bring up the task manager to kill WinUAE also - usually this means CPU at 100% and/or system too busy with HD.
Waited half a minute then held the power button for hard reset...

Good to hear about the io_Length = -1 issue. Then all this might (at least) help improving this great piece of emulation software a little bit further.
About the 14-16 byte buffer: i actually didn't try with real (FTDI usb serial) port, only com0com and eltima virtual serial ports. Will do...

Meanwhile i added possibility to configure my transmission tool with unit, baudrate and parity.
I must be doing something wrong still. Parity N, E and O work as should. M and S don't. They are set differently (io_ExtFlags instead of io_SerFlags).
There are no errors reported back when sending SDCMD_SETPARAMS, but the port opens at 9600,8N1 always.
Baudrate, databits and stopbits settings are completely ignored as soon as i choose parity S or M...
I know it's possible to use Mark and Space with uaeserial.device - Term4.8 can do it.

Page generated in 0.04508 seconds with 11 queries