Mark Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv View Post
BBC soap East Enders had an A500 sitting in the background in one of the
characters flats for a while in the late 80's. He was an artist or graphic
designer as I recall, but I'm not sure if you ever saw the machine doing
anything.
Bumpety-bump!

Yes, the character was called Colin and this would have been 1987.

I have just submitted the following to the Spot the Commodore page:

If you can find a grab from the UK TV comedy series Father Ted, you'll see an Amiga 600 (possibly the only sighting of the machine on TV!) in the episode "The Old Grey Whistle Theft". It's situated under the TV in the priests lounge purely for the purposes of a scene where character Dougal McGuire is playing "the old video game there (possibly Mortal Kombat). Can't find it on YouTube so I'll dig out my DVD later...

Also, many early 1989 episodes of Australian soap Neighbours actually centred around a storyline involving character Paul Robinson's office computer (an Amiga 500) getting a virus and character "Josh" (friend of Cody?! I forget the names!) was enlisted to remove the virus using a very unconvincing CLI utility disk (I think the old "Graphics Ripper" tool is what's used actually employed). Interestingly, Commodore Australia used to get a credit at the end of each episode for several months. If you can track down episodes c. Feb/Mar 1989 I think that was when the Amiga featured surprisingly prominently.

Has Rolf's Cartoon Club been mentioned yet? A room full of A2000s (I think) using either DPaint or Deluxe Animation

Good old Topaz 8 gives it away here:

[ Show youtube player ]

Quite a bit of Amiga exposure every week on UK TV for several years...

Meanwhile, in the USA the "Prevue Channel" regularly died throwing up an all too familiar sight:

[ Show youtube player ]

(This is just one of many clips on YouTube!)

Last edited by Mark Wright; 22 June 2009 at 03:08.

Page generated in 0.04640 seconds with 11 queries