View Single Post
Old 31 March 2020, 18:13   #18
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Excellent work indeed! I like the syntax highlighting option - will these highlighters be separate files (e.g. XML definitions) so that others could add their own syntaxes?

Also, please keep the Amiga-style keyboard shortcuts (just in case you haven't already), for example, holding shift to operate to the start or end of the line, holding control to operate to the next of previous word...

Thanks for your work
The syntax highlighters in this version purely coded in C and can not be customized. But for the future yeah my idea is create som sort of plugin system so third parties can created highlighteres usable in all editors. (which is part of the reason I don't want to do more highlighters for 3.2). Such third parties could then make them based on XML or very fast asm versions.

As for the standard amiga modifers. No is the short answer. The slightly longer is that the Amiga is the only one still holding on to this non standard choice, and even Commodore recognized this back in 93 and were going to change it too. Many wordproccessors on the amiga also use the more modern and world standard modifiers. And this actually goes in line with the fact that shift acts as extended selection modifier in conjunction with the mouse even on the Amiga. That is why Commoodore wanted to fix this. And why I have changed it now. That said, at least inside the code there is a switch to change it.

Page generated in 0.06155 seconds with 11 queries