View Single Post
Old 14 June 2020, 21:15   #26
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgrove View Post
I suppose Amiberry will be faster (?) but on the other hand have a reduced feature set.

I'd genuinely like to know what features you feel Amiberry misses, that FS-UAE has.

I can think of;
- Cycle Exact
- Netplay
- Database/Artwork
- Serial/MIDI emulation (although this isnt covered on all builds of FS either)

Currently, the Netplay is the one i've been missing, and so I've been trying FS-UAE today on a Pi4 via the Desktop, installed over RetroPie.

The performance is... *just* about there. After pushing up the governor setting to 'performance' and enabling the OpenGL drivers i was jsut about able to play Midnight Resistance, although it started to slow down in the 'shop'. If i dropped emulation accuracy to 'Medium' it was considerably improved.

I was hoping we might be getting closer to AmigaLive / NetPlay working on the Pi... but without some optimisations, its maybe a little way off.

The other question is ... how do i get it to compile fs-uae 3.0.5 ? The Launcher is throwing up a message about finding the wrong verion (3.0.4) having followed the above guidance
Quote:
git clone -b fs-uae-3.0 https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae.git --single-branch

Similar to others, if i switch to compiling the master branch, it doesnt compile, so any help getting a build of 3.0.5 would be gratefully received.

Page generated in 0.04889 seconds with 11 queries