View Single Post
Old 12 February 2021, 06:05   #46
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma693541 View Post
Will the music for the game be some sort of spooky Halloween type?
Ooh a music question! Short answer: largely.

Needlessly long answer I’m going the turrican route of a track per level, so a lot of it will be spooky, but some of the levels planned for later in the game are way spookier than the opening few so I don’t want to start too spooky? Got to build up to it for maximum effect. I hope, as a whole, it’s musically castlevania/ghosts n ghouls-ish, so.. kiiind of spooky in context, but also atmospheric/adventure-y.. The earliest tracks are supposed to convey that.

So far the only music I’ve (partially?) composed specifically for this is like some chiptune goth two-step thing.. [ Show youtube player ] - this is when you’re way underground. The track immediately proceeding it will be way jauntier.

I haven’t fully decided on a style for the overall “sound font” (I don’t know the real term!) of the music but Toni Galvez reached out with some great suggestions and sample sets.. I think I’m maybe combining very tiny chip samples and megadrive samples, but depends how I go with the md ones, and if I run out of chip ram after all the nonsense I’m adding.

I also have the entire st-xx sample set from aminet so, literal thousands of samples, so I’m going to immerse myself in that. Music is part of the process I’m looking forward to most, as I have no idea what’ll happen. (Worst case scenario I give up and hand the job off to someone else, but probably not!)

Page generated in 0.06566 seconds with 11 queries