View Single Post
Old 22 September 2012, 11:26   #99
ComputingData

The house fire actually didn't destroy the computer, but the firemen hosed it down (!!!), it has smoke damage, plus we were away on holiday during the time of the fire and it was left outside in the open (in October - not ideal UK weather) to start rusting.

I've kept the machine, but it looks dead - I've not turned it on. I opened it and the drives looked ok - but using an USB IDE system plugged into a PC one of the drives doesn't turn on (80GB) and the other (300GB I think) turns on but doesn't get added as a drive (I mean in the admin drive management, not as a drive letter). I'm hoping this is down to the USB IDE system and that the drives are not dead. One idea that I've had is to check ebay or scout some computer fairs looking for old second hand drives that fit the bill for their controller boards.

I had some other code on there for a proto game (I wrote a Mario clone that I used to prototype ideas - like new scroll techniques, colour tricks, etc) that isn't anywhere but on the drives.

Page generated in 0.09015 seconds with 11 queries