View Single Post
Old 08 June 2020, 15:12   #34
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Rygar Bugfix

Hi everyone and McGeezer !

Could it be possible to update Rygar to correct some bugs? unfortunately there are still quite a few and some really detract from the game playability.

Here is a small personal list in order of severity :

1 : Small Severity : Quit Key

With the WHDLoad version, the keys to exit the game are Play / Reverse and Forward, but not everyone uses a CD32 Pad to play !!! The default F10 key to exit would be cool .. like all the others games .. and would work on a True Amiga and in emulation.

2 : Small Severity : Title Screen

Anyway to pass it faster with Fire Button or Start button like the Arcade one ???

3 : Medium Severity : Stuck Timer

Several times, I realized that the timer arrived at zero but remained blocked at 01:00
So you can make an unlimited score easily, and as the contest of the month on www.AmigaFrance.com is on Rygar ... I hope there will be no cheating

After some testing, seems to happens when timer reaches 0 a first time.
Happened 2 times this evening on the same game, lvl 1 and 3... without doing anything special...

4 : Medium Severity : Too many Monsters !!!

At the end of Level 2 ... we are assailed with monsters !!! you have to calm down .. it's just the 2nd level

5 : Hard Severity : Level 4 and other with Ropes

3 times out of 4, when you try to jump to catch the ground, you just fall ... very annoying, I did not find a "safe" method to get around this bug

6 : Medium Severity : Flying Monsters

You can't shoot the flying monsters like the arcade version: here are some examples:

Arcade Version : You can kill

Amiga Version : No Kill

7 : Light Severity : Lava monster can't jump !

In Arcade version lava monster can't jump over hole, it just fall into lava ! in Amiga version, nothing seems to stop it

8: Light Severity : Glitches

Many Glitches around the game... not very important..

Missing rock sprite :

Bonus appears upper screen and corrupted sprite

Lava stuck in rocks:

Power following the hero :

It's all.. for the moment...

Thank you

Last edited by Foul; 10 June 2020 at 23:39.

Page generated in 0.19136 seconds with 11 queries