View Single Post
Old 28 November 2022, 02:29   #34
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
If you're using RGB to SCART cable on a CRT TV there is really no need to use this adaptor
I use both a CRT TV and a LCD TV these days through some kind of specific KVM switch. During the first months of use of my A500, picture was displayed through a S-Video converter attached at the back of my machine by the seller (doesn't look good on a > 14'' CRT), Above picture featuring artifacts in the shape of vertical lines was taken in front of that very setup (S-video output to display the miggy on the 15'' LG LCD TV).

Later on, I decided to upgrade (I already had some experience of the UMSA to use along with my "Mamebox"). Since I wanted to use regular VGA cables with my setup, I needed an adapter. Even though I don't play Amiga games in front of the LCD TV much these days, it still serves some purpose that the adapter the OP sells eliminates those ugly lines, plus it was assembled from an actual connector and not cut off from some bigger printer connector or something, so there. Perhaps I should mention that UMSA isn't a cable per se, it's just the interface with female plugs, one has to provide his own cables to connect both ends.

Last edited by SquawkBox; 28 November 2022 at 02:56.

Page generated in 0.04288 seconds with 11 queries