View Single Post
Old 25 June 2013, 22:16   #25
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddbOd View Post
The fact you didn't realise that this can mean the difference between success and total failure is the reason why you should stop immediately and seek advice from someone who really knows what they are doing! Read this "success" story of near failure and think about the fact that there are precious few cautionary tales along the lines of "I fucked up my drive because I thought I knew what I was doing".
Hi OddbOd, and thankyou very much for your reply!

It might not look like it occasionally, but - trust me on this - I do know what I'm doing.

If the different firmware revisions have caused by first attempt to fail, I am quite sure that it won't mean catastrophic failure in the event of a subsequent attempt with another pcb.

Thanks for the link to the success story, it looks very interesting!

Quote:
If you choose to take my advice and the drive contents are really important to you (which I suspect is not the case otherwise you would simply replace it and restore from backups) then get in touch with Scott Moulton at myharddrivedied.com, a guy who is helpful and very well informed when it comes media recovery.
As you have guessed, the contents are not of the utmost importance to me. This is chiefly because I do have backups, but they're not bang up to date.

Hands-on help from a third-party is out of the question, because the drive contains confidential material.

Quote:
The tone of this post may seem harsh but previous posters have quite innocently given you poor advice to the point where I had to step in. Best of luck and please remember The Tao Of Backup.
Not at all, mate. Your observations are always welcome.

Page generated in 0.04523 seconds with 11 queries