View Single Post
Old 25 June 2013, 02:19   #24
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
If it makes any difference, I did notice that the original drive and new drives have different firmware versions (the original has version 3.03 firmware and the new one version 3.32), otherwise they appear to be practically identical.
The fact you didn't realise that this can mean the difference between success and total failure is the reason why you should stop immediately and seek advice from someone who really knows what they are doing! Read this "success" story of near failure and think about the fact that there are precious few cautionary tales along the lines of "I fucked up my drive because I thought I knew what I was doing".

If you choose to take my advice and the drive contents are really important to you (which I suspect is not the case otherwise you would simply replace it and restore from backups) then get in touch with Scott Moulton at myharddrivedied.com, a guy who is helpful and very well informed when it comes media recovery.

The tone of this post may seem harsh but previous posters have quite innocently given you poor advice to the point where I had to step in. Best of luck and please remember The Tao Of Backup.

Page generated in 0.04504 seconds with 11 queries