View Single Post
Old 22 April 2020, 03:29   #1182
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
I have seen 8bit guys method.

The thing is it's almost impossible to find liquid peroxide or even cream peroxide in Norway. They simply do not sell it to regular persons. The cream peroxide I have was ordered from England. It was a hairdresser cream to bleach hair. I believe it's not legal to sell in Norway. Another thing is that even If I had liquid peroxide and a huge box to submerge something like an A500 case we have almost no sun. North of Norway here. The summers are short and the sun not very strong. Unlike you who live in Australia and have plenty of strong sun and probably easy access to liquid Peroxide

And finding other ways to heat up a big box of water and peroxide like that is not easy.
Pure peroxide is a dangerous explosive liquid and is rarely available in mainstream shops and although it can be obtained in speciality shops you usually have to leave a proof of identity and address for police records since it can be used to build powerful explosives.

What you want is definitely not pure peroxide but diluted versions and those are the ones available to regular kittens. You can most certainly find some in pharmacies alongside Isopropyl Alcohol since this is an excellent disinfectant.

I would moreover recommend pharmacy peroxide over the hair-related solutions since these probably include additional undesirable chemicals.
Peroxide, when sold as a disinfectant is only diluted by water and nothing else, making it perfect for retrobriting (if you buy several liters).

This said, as many others have said, sunlight/UVs alone seem to work just fine.

Page generated in 0.06689 seconds with 11 queries