View Single Post
Old 08 January 2020, 09:44   #35
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Ok, then please don't say stuff like "at least partly doable on the A1200" when really...
I had the same thought as Roondar, when I read that comment about DKC1. It would be one of the more doable SNES games on the A1200, I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
So, as my point previously... even an A1200 couldn't really accomplish the games / graphics / effects etc. that were capable on the SNES.
I have analyzed quite a bit of SNES graphics over the last years since I started coding on the Amiga platform, and I think you are right.

The main offenders here are the Amigas' lack of multiple playfield modes that make sense, instead of those stupid 50/50 splits, and the lack of instant availability of assets on cartridges.

But: You could really create games that come very near of what the SNES is capable of in my opinion. Especially with some clever programming.

Add/edit:
Here is a nice write up of how DKC was done, colour &playfield setup wise.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/14-...#post-15927713

tldr: it uses a 16/16/4 colour split for it's backgrounds, along with a sprite layer in front of that.
That doesn't seem to be completely out of bound of what a A1200 is capable of to me.

Last edited by Tigerskunk; 08 January 2020 at 10:06.

Page generated in 0.04299 seconds with 11 queries