View Single Post
Old 04 September 2016, 10:37   #18
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
Blitz or E.
'E' ... Really.... now I know your trolling !

I could be wrong I am unaware of anything good to come from Amiga 'E'!

AMOS has "SuperFoulEggs", Blitz has "SkidMarks" (poory surpressing immature chuckle) as well as many others (hehe - failed.)

@TroyWilkins

I have been programming in C for.... err.. since I was 15... so thats 1...2... 4... err... 27 years =)

Initially I taught myself 'C' from a book at the library, I managed to find some apps "Dice 'C' and Lattice 'C'" on the Amiga - I had an A600 with 20MB Hard Disk at this time - a little later came GadTools - I have yet to play with this version!.

I started working for a company called MicroTech in 1994 where I got qualifications in C/C++, Program Design Methodology and Systems Analysis.

I truly enjoy working in C, even on the Amiga - however it does have some eccentricities that are not present on the PC, retrospectively it does have plenty of support.

As Samurai Cow points out it can get a tad counter intuitive - especially "void pointers and pointer arithmetic" - but these are skills you will learn - as with any other language.

There are a few books I can recommend for you and some resources - I have no doubt that with some of the commenter's here - they will have good links to resources and examples for you as well.

Since I have the day, I am going to put together a simple Storm'C' and Gad Tools tool chain today - I haven't compiled anything on the Amiga in probably over 10 years!! Then maybe I will make a YouTube of it.

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 11 queries