View Single Post
Old 28 November 2021, 18:57   #1300
Vstech

the big problem with the A1200 in my opinion was the same as the A600... it was a toy Commodore came out with to keep attention of the game kids, and not loose sales of the 4000crowd...
AAA had been touted for years in the mags, and amiga comes out with this AGA "interim" chipset...

the 2000 was the beast machine, and the 3000 was a workhorse upgrade. commodore only cared about sales quantity... they didn't support their developers or their hardware team... make it cheap and volume was their mantra... I remember reading an interview when Commodore went belly up. and it was of a hardware team member discussing his PCI and AAA board team... he just tossed the plans and hardware and walked out.

Amiga 500 will always hold my interest. I upgraded mine SOOO much back in the day. I wanted a 3000, but was in no way in my budget until the used market opened up in the later 2010's I got one off ebay, and love it.
I finally bought a 1200, non working, and fixed it mostly. I have several 1000's and 1200's now... they are fun machines to tinker with... I hate the blank key on the keyboard... and the odd placement of some keys. but it is what it is.
I even have a 1200 in a tower case... that's fun!

Page generated in 0.09971 seconds with 11 queries