Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 29 October 2021, 10:31   #1398
earok

Experimental check in. Some fixes and improvements to the interpolation system. It's also possible to turn it on or off in camera follow - you can enable or disable camera AND sprite interpolation separately depending on your needs. You may want one, the other, or both (eg, it'd be pointless having camera interpolation on a single screen game)

@Mixel I hadn't actually thought of Wizonk, indeed if you've got four players for sprites, running it in 25HZ with interpolation might allow you to have a lot more projectiles without noticeable slowdown on A500.

@Lemming880:

Re ladder: The way I've done it is faster.

It's like this: It doesn't matter how many tile layers you have, if you have a (non-block) tile ladder above a lot of background layers etc, they'll all be flattened down to a single visual tile that gets blitted with a single blit.

But having an visible block is going to be slower than an invisible block, since a visible block requires at least two blits (the underlying tile, and then the block itself).

Re: Color cycling, yes it's absolutely possible. There's a very rudimentary demo in the "RepairWare" demo (the rain on the cat level is controlled by color cycling). Though Mixel has done much more impressive stuff with storm effects on CMO:HX

Re: EventsOnCheck, only needs to be set once so may as well go in startup. Note that it doesn't check if events are on screen or not, the check is against all events in the entire level - so if you want a guaranteed instant event response, you'd want to set it to at least that number, though if you can wait a frame or two it might be OK to set it much lower. I tend to avoid using events in my own projects and just use invisible blocks if I can.

Page generated in 0.04486 seconds with 11 queries