Thread: Scorpion Engine
View Single Post
Old 27 October 2021, 12:01   #1392
acidbottle

Neat trick indeed, just the player itself needs to be a sprite then, if I am reading that correctly?

Noticed when I compile builds through scorpion into winuae, the outcome is very silky smooth. I was previously using amikit and scrolling feels janky using it.

Makes me cautious to be not testing on real hardware in case it behaves different again?

on a side note earok, the acceleration that has indeed fixed the "blocks" issue has indirectly caused some others. The character on the skateboard is now firing backwards (to the left), despite the actor's attack set to match direction (which is forwards or to the right). Is the solution here to generate a new actor when the control (or animation) is going left/slow with no attack, this then switches to forward when at default or faster speed?

Cheers!

The ladders thing has inspired me to look at another game idea to. The AI of the cpu might be an issue though. While you can create a path for enemies with no issue, the cpu_direct will look for a path to get at you. Will it follow the rules that if, say, a ladder was a direct route to you, it would use it or will it get stuck or glitch on scenery?

Sorry for the daft questions, its more interesting pondering ideas than work today (apologies to my clients, stuff will get done honest ...)

Last edited by acidbottle; 27 October 2021 at 12:07.

Page generated in 0.04445 seconds with 11 queries