View Single Post
Old 17 November 2008, 16:04   #1
Crowley

Lightbulb [test release]Whale's Voyage 2 translation

I hope this is the right section to mention this. I've gotten into Whale's Voyage 1 & 2 recently and decided I'd give a hand at fixing the glitches with the official translation which can be acquired here: http://aminet.net/package/game/patch/WV2EPatch
Luckily this seems like it is a fairly simple, though time-consuming matter since the translated files are in plain text form. Mostly I've seen glitches caused by text overflow in the cockpit screen. I also hope to alter some of the wordings to sound more natural. For example the official translation says "all entrances are overloaded" when it means all the (phone) lines are busy. Here's a comparison shot to hopefully show I'm not just full of hot air:

Maybe I'll change "customs document" to "customs declaration"... Anyway, I'll be slowly making my way through the game and try to fix what I see. I might eventually call for playtesters to see if there is text I have missed.

edit: I have now finished a version which is open for testing. Download it below and feel free to report any errors you may find.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WV2eng2.zip (122.2 KB, 468 views)

Last edited by Crowley; 30 July 2009 at 15:18.

Page generated in 0.04380 seconds with 12 queries