View Single Post
Old 17 August 2008, 23:56   #2
Bloodwych

Hi Marco, I'll try and answer but some require more research and are probably better off in their own thread.
  1. I’m not sure what you mean by this.
  2. In the normal ClassicWB packs, Scalos seems more efficient at window list/text formats using fastram, and FBlit is there for NewIcons/graphics to fastram. OS39 obviously has Scalos removed and I’ve tried my best to replace the missing features but it does seem to have some memory quirks and is less efficient in some areas. I need to consult with OS39 experts and see if I'm missing any patches/tools. It is also using FBlit (and FText) and is set up to shift icons/graphics to fastram (which works fine), but as you say switching to the list/text view seems to eat up chipram. Not sure why?
  3. You could just select the program icon, right click and select “icons->copy”. This will create a “copy_of_” the program and icon. Then leave it out. You can’t name it the same as the original however, as it remains physically in the same drawer even if it’s left out. Not ideal, I know, and it might create problems. All "leave out" does is create an entry in the .backdrop file so Workbench knows to show it on the desktop and hide it in the program’s directory.
  4. I’ve never changed most the default Dopus buttons and Show is one of those default built in commands. I mainly only added new buttons and features. I never really use it, and not aware that it ever did work with fonts.
  5. Again this is going back to me trying to find replacements for Scalos features. I’m sure there is a utility that does this, but can’t remember off hand. As for the time, there is a nice calendar/clock utility that’s used in AmiKit and AmigaSYS but I don’t know what it’s called. I'm not sure if one exists that adds time to the actual bar like Scalos.

Page generated in 0.04302 seconds with 11 queries