Thread: Alien Legion
View Single Post
Old 14 March 2012, 15:57   #10
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
All right, thanks for your input here, it's more clear now.
Cool!

Quote:
Then, I tell you, author is Tomas Dahlgren. As to why "North Star" was put there is subject to interpretation. Maybe they asked to use those musics to some NS people, maybe they just ripped off the musics. In any case, there's no debate as to who is the author
North Star was inserted there because the music was credited that way on the in-game credits screen (see HERE). In the last few years the HOL team has begun to document the source of credits (e.g. in-game, game manual, email from the developer) for game entries, but this is for internal use only. So the info. you have provided for Alien Legion, for instance, will be documented internally for the game entry and will include a link to this thread. We'll also change the relevant game entries and credit the music to Tomas Dahlgren (Titan/North Star), and delete the North Star developer profile if he was responsible for all the music credited to them. Hope that clarifies things a little........

Quote:
Note that my input was to clarify and enhance HOL data quality. It's of course your call to manage it as you see fit .
We very much appreciate any good info. that you and others here on EAB and elsewhere can provide for HOL game entries, especially concerning credits that only list the development team name or handles. Keep the info. coming if you have anymore!

We've spent a lot of time in the last few years trying to find the real names of devs where the credits only list handles. On the other side of the coin, I also try to find the handles of Amiga coders that were previously part of the scene, and include them along with photos or details of scene interviews in their developer profiles. That's much harder often as real names behind the handles of ex-sceners that developed Amiga games were rarely known back in the day, never mind nowadays.

Page generated in 0.05483 seconds with 11 queries