Thread: SonicArranger
View Single Post
Old 21 May 2021, 23:43   #9
Pyrdacor

Thanks chb. I will contact Carsten.

Hi Alex. Thanks. I already found the mentioned text file via way back machine. You can find it now here and the module format here. I also decoded more of it like the mentioned wavetables and found some bugs. For example the order of the effect values is loaded in a slightly different order than documented.

I also found out some additional things like how the song speed really affects tempo and sampling rate etc or how long one note entry is played.

But I can't get my head around the wavetable stuff. For example the first Ambermoon song uses a wave that is only 32 bytes in size. It forms some wave. But the resulting song has a very diverse sound with that little wave while I only hear some short beeps in my reimplantation. I don't know how such a small wave could even produce such interesting sound even with an ASDR envelop or LPF.

I also created a new song with an instrument that only has a 32 byte sine shaped wave. It sound pretty nice in SA but is only a boring beep when playing it on PC. There must be something else which shapes that wave. Maybe some algorithm which dynamically affects the wave.

Page generated in 0.07400 seconds with 11 queries