View Single Post
Old 13 July 2017, 01:03   #13
guy lateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Not in assembly language. A fast float and normal float fit in a single register, a double in two. Not so bad actually. Even if those parameters were passed using the stack (which in asm they aren't), it would be insignificant compared to the actual cost of the floating point calculations.
Thanks Thorham, you've given me some real food for thought, there! I'll be going to sleep thinking about 1 or all of these possibilities:

1. Testing/timing some calculations using integer-vs-float evaluation-vs-table-lookup and so on. This contradicts the pragmatic approach I mentioned above, obviously, but if only I had a DateTime.Now, and some kind of console printing facility..

2. That darn stack, and how to avoid using it, probably. Btw, are there any conventions about 'side effects' when writing (reusable) subroutines? Is it ok if I use/change d7? How about a7? You know, who's responsible for what?

The above, plus (cross) assembling/linking, plus reading RKM Libraries Manuals, M68k Developers References and pure Hardware Stuff, etc.. It's a lot to go through, you know -- so forgive me if I seem to be confused..

Page generated in 0.07728 seconds with 11 queries