Thread: AGA or RTG
View Single Post
Old 20 September 2021, 01:09   #99
stefcep2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Oh, the irony.

And you started asking lots of questions and moaning in public forums, despite being given perfectly valid reasons why you might not get a reply from them, and why answers to your email wouldn't offer you much information beyond what you were already told anyway.

Nope. That's for the business owner to answer.

Quote:
Besides, you seem to lack an awareness of how you appear to others, so we only know that you were polite and courteous based on your own word. You certainly don't seem that way in these public discussions.
You're just guessing there. Anyway this is a business transaction. He's not emailing them to make friends. Its a simply business query that wold happen countless times everyday and everywhere in the world: "How much and when?"

Quote:
I never said you did. In fact, my entire point was that you didn't so you can't compare the two situations. Pay attention.

Bit rude there

Quote:
Indeed, but his full time job is is own development business to spend as he sees fit. IComp is one branch of his livelihood; it's not his hobby. And that's the point to note here.

Irrelevant.

Quote:
First off, you were given reasons why the Warp situation is as it is. But anyway, do tell us: where can you click and purchase an A1200 Reloaded, if you so desired? Where can you even find any detailed specs about it? What sort of RTG capability will it have? Can it do full HD? 4K? VGA, HDMI, DP or DVI output? Does it include audio? Does it support 3D acceleration?

Who gave him the reasons? Forum posters. Not Good Enough. People selling should give him the reason. In a two sentence email, automated even would be adequate.

Quote:
Aw, bless you and your entitlements. Yes, your expectations are too high, as has been explained to you repeatedly.
I think yours a too low tbh. Its not too much to expect a reply email to a sales enquiry from the people selling the damned thing.

Quote:
Clearly it's not for you, and yet here you are, still getting bent out of shape over it. If you want a MacBook, then off you go. Everyone has different use cases for their Amigas - some might say you're an idiot for wanting an '030, when an '000 is enough for anyone.

That's the Linux excuse:" Hey this broken or is shit". "Ahh well its not for you them." At least Linux is free

Quote:
Personally, an '060 is nice, and an '030 would really struggle with the RTG setup in my A1200.

AN '060 is nice as is RTG. I have them both, But given the price/performance its really an emotional rather than rational decision to buy. And he was emotionally invested, but he's not anymore and that's because his experience with the lack of communication.

Look a while I bought a GBS flicker fixer/scan doubler in a nice box with various fixes, proper amiga cable from a one man show. It took him literally over 4 months after paying and multiple unanswered polite and gentle emails to get it. And when it arrived, it didn't and still doesn't output video. So now what: more waiting, If I send it in, will I get get back, will I hear form him again. So I gave up and forgot about it. Until I got back in to Amiga again recntly. And then decided to follow it up. "Send me pics he says". So I do. Months ago. No reply yet.

If its starts with shit service and communication its probably going to end that way.

There's this idea that because we're a niche market, we almost have to BEG to give some sellers our money. Its just not good enough.

Page generated in 0.06619 seconds with 11 queries