View Single Post
Old 05 November 2020, 08:38   #86
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
Err... it must go to the monitor type of the board that is not in the display chain. The display chain is the chain of switches and graphics cards that route the video signal from the amiga RGB output, over one or multiple graphics cards, to the monitor input.

If a board is not in the display chain, then P96 does not attempt to switch its VGA switch *off* if the currently active screen(s) are on another board. Note that this is only a control of the VGA switch (if the board has one). If the board has no VGA switch, well, then there is nothing to be switched, and the output of the board is always active. That is what happens for the CVisionPPC.
Thanks, now I understand the idea of the display chain. I was needlessly limiting my thinking to a single RTG board + Amiga native output scenario.

I had to go and double check whether I had missed something in the documentation, but basically this concept is not covered in there apart from a very quick mention when discussing this particular tooltype. I wonder what else I've misunderstood about P96 over the years. ;-)

Last edited by Jope; 05 November 2020 at 08:46.

Page generated in 0.07407 seconds with 11 queries