View Single Post
Old 12 March 2018, 12:55   #80
Sinphaltimus

I have not gone back to try the NeoGeo yet (low priority) but I did want to report back about my HDD partitions -

Here's the update source: http://forum.apollo-accelerators.com...ed2627c4fc74d3

And content:

I cloned my Amiga HDD. O=Original to be repartitioned, C = cloned

I plugged in both HDDs to my PC via USB.
I configured winUAE to boot from C (clone) as unit 0.
I configure winUAE to have the O hdd as unit 1
When I start WinUAE I held down the two mouse buttons to go into early startup.

I disabled the partitions on O

Boot to C and the Coffin OS r48 boots up just fine in WinUAE (except for graphics and resolution but who cares. Not why I did it.

I thought it cute when WinUE played the Coffin startup sound though.

Anyway, I changed HDToolbox tooltype to uaehf.device and added drive O wiping out all partitions. I then repartitioned everything to what I want, taking up all 320 GBs (290 +). They are not DH0:,DH1: DH2 but instead WDH0:, WDH1: and WDH2: so they wouldn't conflict with the booted up Cloned drive.

Everything is partitioned as

WDH0: (SYSTEM) 8GBs New PFS3aio final
WDH1: (Programs) 50GBs New PFS3aio final
WDH2: (Restore) 8GBs New PFS3aio
WDH3: (Data) 50GBs New PFS3aio
WDH4: (Backups) 150GBs New PFS3aio experimental for >104GB partitions)
I left the rest of the space at the end of the drive alone and untouched (not partitioned or formatted).

When completed. I booted off the Original repartitioned HDD and got errors, went into HDToolBox and renamed all the Partitions back to DH0: DH1: and DH2:

The system booted fine but I have to restore my Screenmode as it had reverted back to RGB resolutions for some reason.

Now I have a new problem I will add to the list...

I can't reboot into Maintenance Mode. Can someone help me fix that? If I choose to reboot into maintenance mode none of my partitions come up as bootable and it asks for a 3.1 boot floppy. ***Fixed - see forum link for details***

PS - I accidentally created TrashCans on all my partitions. *Shrugs* lol

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 12 March 2018 at 13:39. Reason: Maintenance mode fixed with help of Tuko

Page generated in 0.04257 seconds with 11 queries