View Single Post
Old 02 May 2023, 22:06   #1735
Deremon

Hi!
I'm super late to amithlon party
I've a couple of questions if someone have any idea/suggestion will be greatly appreciated!
I've a GA-EP35-DS3R with a core duo E8200 which "in theory" is very similar to the supported GA-P35-DS3L, the differences are P35 "non express" for my MB and ICH9R southbridge instead of "normal" ICH9 and of course the fact it does not work
I've tried with a random PCIe Geforce with "dovesa" and it does not found the framebuffer device (console level 5), I've also a supported Matrox G550 PCIe 32 MB, with "dovesa" it does not found the framebuffer device (like the nvidia do), with any combination of video=matrox* I've, at best, a purple screen (I think framebuffer is not working either)
So the questions are:
Can a "standard" PCI card like a nvdia FX5700 (I've to buy it in case that's why I'm asking) resolve this problem or the problem will persist due the fact the motherboard is likely not supported?
If I recompile kernel sources, will be a possibility to found a module for the P35 non-express and the ICH9R southbridge?
The last question is, I've an athlon XP 1700+ system with a supported geforce 2MX AGP which unfortunately cannot run emulated whdload games under e-uae (low fps with sound stuttering) may an athlon XP 3000+ have enough power to run them?

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.07846 seconds with 11 queries