Thread: Hi All
View Single Post
Old 14 March 2021, 06:42   #1
MoonDragn

Hi All

I just realized I haven't introduced myself, even though I have been posting in the board.

I am a 54 year old male from Maryland USA originally born in Taiwan. I have owned a commodore computer since I was 15.

I started out with a commodore 64 in high school, then moved on to a C128 after I got into college. The C128 helped with my term papers and even helped me do a little animated presentation.

Near the end of college I got an Amiga 500, and eventually got an Amiga 1200. However not soon after, Commodore went out of business and it was hard to get any hardware or software for the Amiga in the US so I eventually moved on to a PC and even started building my own PCs.

Electronics has always been a hobby of mine, and I have been briefly an electronics technician for sears part-time during my college years. My college degree was electrical engineering with a computer option so technically I'm a computer engineer.

However after college I decided to move into the realm of software contracting and was a programmer/analyst for a long time. I am still a Data Analyst/architect by profession.

Recently after reading about the Vampire FPGAs and the new Amiga standalone Vampire V4s I got excited and dug my Amigas out of Storage. I even preordered a Vampire 1200 V2. I can't wait for it to become available!

While I wait for my Vampire, I decided to fiddle with my A1200 and bring it up to speed. I started out by trying to find a way to get the video on a monitor I already own, since my 1084 monitor broke and my Dell 19" CRT died. OSSC and a bunch of adapters later I tried to update the old IDE HDD with a CF card and a pcmcia CF adapter for transfering data between my pc and the Amiga (so much easier than the old null modem). Next on the list would be to get the Gotek drive and get rid of these thousands of 3.5 disks in boxes still sitting in my garage.

Hopefully I don't break the A1200 before the Vampire even shows up. Well there is always the A500...

Last edited by MoonDragn; 14 March 2021 at 06:55.

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 11 queries