View Single Post
Old 01 August 2021, 20:03   #23
ross
Defendit numerus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH View Post
@Galahad/FLT:
Thanks. Finally i am appreciated somewhere.
Nah, the appreciation has been there from different people.
Otherwise what would be the reason for replying to your messages and trying to improve yourself?

Quote:
@ross:
I've triple checked if the vector is free, during the cracktro, the decrunching and the game itself. It was not used.
No. You have tried in your configurations.
But there can be hundreds of different ones and in none you have to assume that the vector is not used (at least when the OS is active).

Quote:
Also, i think Galahad disassembled an older version of the trainer, (1.0.0 or 1.0.1), because the L6 vector is no longer
7ff00/7ff1c
, but
100/11c
in the newer versions (1.0.2 and 1.0.3). (Toni suggested the game crashed on 512 kB only, because i trashed the system supervisor stack, so i've relocated it onto
$100
.)
As I said, in Galahad's source that code is 'hidden'. So I certainly didn't got it from there.
It is from an 'early version' resourcing from which I based my patch.
But in any case, I repeat, does not matter where the code is copied.

Quote:
But yes, the
c0
part is still there. If i cannot assume
c0
will not be there until the depacking, can't i just zero out the byte when the trainer exits? Right after that the game starts and the OS is killed, so nothing - in theory - can interfere. Or can it?
No, in Amiga you cannot touch memory that you do not own. NEVER.
OS is active during game loading (or before, or after, until you take over the system), you cannot trash memory as you like

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 11 queries