View Single Post
Old 28 March 2016, 23:35   #2
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
The problem is that .\Configurations is seen as a directory of the Window "Shared Documents\Amiga Files\WinUAE" and NOT as the "Configurations" directory in the current directory. The "AMC.uae" file isn't found on startup so.

So a very simple question : how to set relative file paths in an .UAE configuration file, the goal is to run ANY .UAE file from ANY drive location (independently of the drive letter so) ?
Hey there Vollldo,

I did have a similar problem many, many moons ago but it was due to me not setting the right options in WinUAE and then also in my .UAE configurations in relation to where my the kickstarts & games (.ADFs / .IPFs files) are.

Firstly my WinUAE is located in "C:\WinUAE"; here is a screenshot of the Paths screen with relative paths set:

All games are sitting in separate folders (gamename) under "C:\WinUAE\Games".

In the configuration files this is how the kickstart and floppy lines look:

Code:
kickstart_rom_file=.\ROMs\KS ROM v1.3 (A500,A1000,A2000) rev 34.5 (256k).rom
floppy0=.\Games\Aaargh!\Aaargh! (1988)(Melbourne House).ipf
Finally, when you first run WinUAE it scans for ROMs and then puts in the full path. So with my setup if you looked in the registry this would be "C:\\WinUAE\\ROMs\\KS ROM v1.3 (A500,A1000,A2000) rev 34.5 (256k).rom\" for example.

I then edit each line and change to ".\\ROMs\\KS ROM v1.3 (A3000)(SK) rev 34.5 (256k).rom\"

Now WinUAE is fully relative and I can move to whatever drive or directory that I like.

I hope all of the above makes sense, if not just shout

Page generated in 0.04714 seconds with 11 queries